#Swansea day - Thursday 7th December
Swansea will find out if it is going to be the 2021 UK City of Culture on the evening of Thursday 7 December.
The winning city will be revealed on 'The One Show' on BBC One between 7pm and 7.30pm on Thursday.
In the run up to the announcement, judges at the Department of Media, Culture and Sport (DCMS) have declared Thursday 7 December, #Swansea day.
The Swansea 2021 team need you show your support and get involved in celebrating
what you love about Swansea on 7 December in particular on your social media channels.
Judges will be looking out for your messages of support for your city, images and videos about your favourite places here, stories and facts about what makes our city unique.
Please use the #Swansea2021 and #CityOfCulture2021 hashtags and tag @DCMS into your messages!
2017 UK City of Culture status for Hull has attracted inward investment, transformed their economy, changed people’s perception of culture and given the city a year-long programme of world-class events and entertainment.
We want the same for Swansea, so please do all you can in these final days to support the campaign.
See what winning could mean for Swansea HERE
Spread The Word
- Thursday 7th December is the day when we especially need to shine a spotlight on Swansea2021! We need you all to join the conversation and post on the day images and stories to demonstrate why Swansea deserves the title!
- Follow Swansea 2021 on social media and like and share the content. You can like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram.
- Get involved in the conversation by using #Swansea2021 and #CityOfCulture2021 hashtags.
- Tag in @DCMS into your posts and messages
Sign up to the Swansea 2021 bid newsletter to find out the latest Swansea 2021 news and developments.
Show Your Support
- Attach the Swansea 2021 frame to your Facebook Profile and/or Twibbon to your Twitter profile.
- Download and display one of the Swansea 2021 email footers under your usual signature.
- Tell all your guests, friends and family about the bid and what it will mean for Swansea.
More information - http://www.swansea2021.co.uk/backing-the-bid/
Swansea Is Talking Culture
Wales’ First Minister Carwyn Jones, Rhys Ifans, Swansea City FC, Bonnie Tyler, Ria Jones – even Go Compario Wynne Evans! Find out who is backing the bid and why.
More information - http://www.swansea2021.co.uk/talking-culture/
Did you know that Kevin Allen (Director and Co-Writer of the Swansea set cult movie Twin Town) has created a series of films to support the Swansea 2021 bid? Or how about that the one and only John Challis aka Only Fools and Horses star Boycie is backing our bid? No? Make sure you keep an eye on the latest news here!
More information - http://www.swansea2021.co.uk/latest-news/