The National Tourism Awards for Wales, 8 March 2018 - nominations open
Hosted by Visit Wales, The National Tourism Awards for Wales celebrates the best of Wales’ tourism - showcasing Wales' tourism businesses and the industry's achievements.
The awards ceremony will be held on Thursday, 8 March 2018 at the Celtic Manor Resort, Newport and nominations are now being invited in the range of categories outlined below.
The National Tourism Awards
- will include the winners of the recent North Wales Tourism awards which automatically go forward as regional finalists to the National Awards on 8 March 2018
- are open to all the remaining tourism businesses and individuals in the South East, South West and Mid Wales regions of Wales
- nominations will be accepted from the same individual or business under several categories but require completion of a separate online form for each nomination
- are free to enter
- encourage you to provide information that is valid, relevant and up-to-date (and within the character limit)
Although entering the awards can take time and effort they can also be fun and beneficial - the investment can bring benefits beyond a trophy in terms of PR and staff morale.
Speaking about the awards when attending the North Wales Tourism Awards last week, the Tourism Minister said: “The North Wales Tourism awards were a fantastic success and it is great to see the winners going on to compete in the Wales awards. I’d encourage all tourism businesses across the rest of Wales to nominate themselves for these awards; the effort in entering awards can pay dividends and can be of great benefit to team and staff morale. Of course, being able to say that you’re the ‘best in Wales’ is also a great marketing boost.”
Categories for the awards are –
- Best Hotel
- Best Bed & Breakfast
- Best Self-Catering
- Best Caravan, Camping or Glamping,
- Best Attraction
- Best Activity
- Best Event
- Best Place to Eat
- Best Destination
- Young Tourism Person of the Year
- Tourism Business Innovation Award
You can nominate your own business or a business which you think is a worthy winner. Find out more and complete the form here. The closing date for applications is Friday, 12 January 2018.
Stay up to date with tourism and skills news
Make sure you stay up to date by following Visit Wales on twitter on @VisitWalesBiz . You can also catch up with news on the Tourism pages of the Welsh Government website and find out more about support for improving skills in tourism here.