Driving Traffic To Your Website
Your website plays a central role in marketing your business online. But how many of your potential customers are engaging with it? Where does your traffic come from? Is your content interesting? Are you reaching your target market?
This workshop will help you to learn how to take control of your analytics, engage potential customers and make your website work even better for your business.
If you’re baffled by SEO or have no idea where to find your analytics, don’t worry – this workshop is suitable for all, and will give you clear hints and tips that you can take away and apply in your own business.
Date: Wednesday 25th April 2018
Time: 10.00am arrival for a 10.30am start (workshop ends approx 1.30pm)
Location: Tourism Swansea Bay, The Barham Centre, Mount Pisgah, Parkmill, SA3 2EQ
Cost: £25pp for Trade Association Members / £40pp for non-members (refreshments and a light lunch will be included)
Topics covered will include:
- The basic needs and requirements of a website so it is ready to be found.
- How a website forms the bedrock of any online marketing campaign.
- What is required to keep your website interesting, relevant and effective in supporting other online marketing activities.
- The importance of Google Analytics and analytics in general.
- What Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) actually is.
- How effective SEO is the accumulative work of different marketing disciplines and technical considerations that go into a website.
- What online and offline channels should be used to promote a website.
- How social media should relate to your website and vice-versa.
- The need for underlying and ongoing content generation for the website and for the channels.
- What makes for good content marketing/ content on a website.
- An introduction to Google AdWords and paid for advertising on social media
- Tricks, tips and short-cuts to reduce time and cost in your online marketing
About the Trainer:
This workshop will be delivered by Nick Lewis of Nick Lewis Communications. In 2017, Nick Lewis was named as No. 28 in Sage's Top 100 Global Business Influencers List, and specialises in helping people to interpret and use online marketing and social media for the benefit of their business or organisation. He has over 15 years experience of delivering a no-nonsense, human approach to online marketing.
The Cost – £25 for Trade Association Members / £40 for non-members
This workshop is part of the South West Wales Regional Tourism Skills programme run by the South West Wales Tourism Associations Carmarthenshire Tourism Association, Pembrokeshire Tourism and Tourism Swansea Bay and is also repeated in each area if you can't make this date - visit relevant websites for details.
Members of the tourism associations can attend this workshop at a special discounted rate of £25 per person.
The cost to all others is at the still excellent value price of £40 per person.
Workshops must be booked and paid for in advance – payment in full is due a week before the workshop.